Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 8 July 2013

New start and a little note to M. Quertier 1799

First, let's go with the note. Did you notice that I've changed some of the initials? The lovely motif with a swan has NP for our dear Nicola, JP for our dear Jo who can't think of a clever nick name and MVV for Marsha of The Scarlet Letter. I couldn't resist of putting my own EZ with current year. Now, each time I look on M. Quertier I will think of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.

I finished MQ early Sunday morning and my fingers were still itching and asking for more stitching - I started on Ann Kirby yesterday and that is my new WIP:


I've notice that Elizabeth is also stitching Ann, it will be so much fun to see our progress!

So long my friends,
Evalina

5 comments:

Marlene said...

That was very clever of you to put those initials on your sampler and a wonderful idea and memory!!!
It's very lovely.

Nicola said...

Thank you Evalina, what a super idea. :o))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am deeply flattered and feel very honoured to be immortalised in your sampler!
Thank you so much for including me xx

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Ahh neat change with the initials--makes the sampler even more special

MoonBeam said...

Love your pretty new start and also how you made your Quaker piece into a Scarlet Letter Birthday Year tribute.

Have fun with your new start.

Bobbi