Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 7 July 2013

M. Quertier 1799 - ALL DONE!!!

I can't believe it, my M. Quertier 1799 is done, done, done!


In real life it looks a little darker and more bold. I guess the flash from the camera is giving that 'washed out' look.

I started stitching this piece on December 27, 2012 along with the pincushion. Pincushion won my heart and stitching time - it was done in February. Then M. Quertier got a little more attention. Mid-June I was just 55% done and then I've got really serious about it. Today I made my last stitch.  I loved the linen and the silk that came with the kit.

Because M. Quertier is all done and there is no more guessing how many hours will take me to finish it, I'm closing entries for the draw and the winner will be announced on my birthday, July 16th. I know who it is - I'm just not telling you yet (smile).  Can you tell me what would you buy from The Scarlet Letter if you would win fifty bucks?

My next project is Ann Kirby Sampler. It's all kitted up and ready to go!

I really like the verse on this one:
Two things the Needle and the Book we find
Help to Accomplish all the female Kind
The Shining Needle draws the fine spun Thread
Bedecks the Person and adorns the Head.
Since Neatness gives the charms that all commend,
The Needle is the Female choicest Friend.
By Reading every tender thought improve,
Extend good Notions and the bad remove.
Let Book and Needle then throughout the Year,
Employ your Thoughts and your Attention Share.
So long my friends,
Evalina

20 comments:

Erica said...

Well done on M. Quertier! Lovely finish!
I love your next stitch, Ann Kirby. I have had my eye on that one for a while!

Gwen said...

Congratulations on your finish.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful finish. You must be thrilled.

Cindy L said...

Evalina, congratulations on your lovely finish!

Jennifer H said...

Lovely finish! I think one of the samplers I'd have to purchase would be Sophia's Sampler or Ruth Bacheler, or Elisabeth, or a Pattern Record or Rachel Jarratt amongst others....

I admit though, that there are a lot of samplers to choose from...so you must excuse my not being able to make up my mind... :)

Hugs and Love,
Jennifer H

Ellen said...

Beautiful, congrats on the finish!

Hugs,

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Evalina! How exciting!

Merilde said...

Evalina, Your sampler is lovely! I love the one color Quakers. Congratulations.
Lori

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Congratulations--your sampler is lovely. I have this in my stash to stitch

Faye said...

Happy dance!!! It's just beautiful as s your next stitch... I have a kit already picked o in my wad if I'm the winner...:)

Faye said...

In my head if I'm the winner... Don't you love spell check!!??

Kielrain said...

What a really wonderful finish! Congrats to you.

Angie Burrett said...

An heirloom finish - congratulations! Here's to your next start! That verse is lovely.

Nicola said...

Well done on a stunning finish. I think I over estiated by quite a bit.

If I was lucky enough to win I think I would buy Ann Kirby and kit her up, she is absolutely charming.

Erica near Chicago said...

Congratulations on your finish. It is very appealing.

Bethany said...

I'll bet you are happy to be finished and you finised well befor your birthday. Now we'll all have to wait and be patient until the 16th. My husband's birthday is on the 18th, so we don't have long to wait.

Let's see what would I purchase if I was the winner? ......... So many choices... What a great time trying to decide what I just can't live without.......

Lanie said...

M.Q. is beautiful, Evalina! You certainly did get serious with her ... I know my guess is way off! But the winner will definitely have fun with their prize! Ann Hair, Amelia Boyce, Rachel Jarratt and now Ann Kirby are just a few on my "to be purchased" list!
Ann Kirby is just as charming as can be ... I, too, love her verse. Look forward to your progress posts of her.
Congratulations on the lovely M.Q.!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh it would be so hard to pick what I'd get. I could do Damaris Underwood or A Flamestitch Sampler or Margery Dean. But then again there's always Ruth Bacheler and/or Dorothy Walpole. I could go for a couple of Marsha's books too. So much to choose from!

Krista said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!! It is so striking in the black thread.

Vera said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish. It is just beautiful. If I won...so many items to choose from...only about 20 samplers on my want list at the current moment - LOL