Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I wanted to pop in today and share my recent progress on the Hornbook Bestiary.  Here's a look at where I left off when we last visited.

Progress as of 5/18/13

Progress as of 7/5/13

I think it most appropriate I stitched this on the July 4th holiday weekend since one of our patriotic symbols is the eagle. I love it when serendipitous things like that happen!

 
Here's a close up of the "E is for Eagle" block.  I wanted to at least get one block done and I'm pleased I did.

I started on "F is for Fox" last night and hope to get it finished up tonight or at least in the coming days.  Slow and steady on this one!


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

Kevin said...

Absolutely love this sampler. Beautiful stitching!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Kevin! It's been fun to see it grow.

Erica near Chicago said...

Such tiny neat stitches!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Erica! It's full of them for sure.

Melissa said...

It's looking great!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Melissa!

Kielrain said...

I am really enjoying the updates on this piece. It is looking great!

Lisa said...

I love this sampler! I bought the chart a few years ago, but haven't kitted it up yet. I want to start it right away after seeing your progress. What fabric and threads are you using?

Evelyne said...

Beautiful stitching, lovely sampler!

Have a nice stitching week, Evelyne

Krista said...

Really beautiful, love seeing your progress block by block!

Faye said...

Wow!!! Wat a stunner!!!

brod'attitude said...

you're faster than me. Tomorrow I will show my progress. I am ashamed

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks, Kielrain!

Lisa, I'm using the fabric and floss that came in the kit. I know the floss is Aver a Soie but I have no idea what the fabric is.

Evelyne, thank you so much! You have a good weekend too.

Krista, thanks for the kinds words!

Awww, thanks Faye!

No need to be ashamed, brod'attitude. We both know this is an intense stitch. Keep pluggin away, you can do it!!!

MoonBeam said...

Really great work. Beautiful.

Bobbi