Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 15 July 2013

An Update on Mary Gail

Like so many others it seems, the summer hasn't been the best time for stitching.  So many other things going on!!  But here's a progress picture on Mary Gail.  I hope that within the next month she will be finished and I can start a new piece.


I fear that it will take longer though as the grass underneath fair lady and man is completely filled in!!

She is a very fun stitch though.

12 comments:

Scarlet Letter said...

The grass is the best part! As you fill in the background all of the figures, floral or human or animal, will burst out.

samplerlover said...

Mary is looking wonderful Deb. I agree with Marsha. The grass can be a pain to do especially on long stretches, but it so exciting to see bits come alive.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

I love the colors !!

Inguna said...

Beautiful work!

Nicola said...

Oh those colours. So fresh and scrumptious. Sometimes those blocks of colour are best saved for when you don't want to concentrate too hard.

Bethany said...

The colors and flowers remind me of Polly Phillip. Lovely..

Lanie said...

So pretty, Deb ... love it!
I agree ... summertime stitching is hit-and-miss at best! But summer months speed by so quickly and soon old man winter will keep us inside .... catching up on our stitching!

Vera said...

This is beautiful! The colours are just so vivid. Love it!!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

I just love the colours on this one. Maybe one day...

Jenny said...

Beautiful work Deb!

Cindy L said...

Deb, the colors are so beautiful and I do love it without the background filled in.

Nicole said...

Wow, it's so beautiful, Deb!!